This is my very own recipe of quiche that will perfectly match with this festive week!
Quiches are one of our kids' favorite dish and this one didn't disappoint them a bit!
2 tsp. olive oil, extra-virgin
3 torpedo onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic cloves, minced (medium)
1 tsp sugar
10 oz. chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry
10 oz puff pastry dough, refrigerated (or make your own pastry dough!)
3/4 cups milk or rice milk
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/6 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
12 medium cherry tomatoes
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, add the onions, garlic, and sugar. Cook, stirring regularly, until the onions are lightly golden. Add the spinach and cook 1 more minute. Remove from the heat.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread some oil with a brush on a 9-inch pie plate. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and shape it into a 11-inch circle; fit the dough into the pie plate, and shape the edges.
3. Combine the milk, eggs, sour cream, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl.
4. Sprinkle the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust. Top evenly with spinach mixture, then pour in the egg mixture. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the quiche.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Sonia - Organic Essentials