Summer is almost officially upon us...but isn't it Summer almost all year long in Santa Barbara anyway?! :)
Here is a super refreshing salad recipe packed with anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and helping digestion process!
Ingredients (for 3 to 4 persons)
- 2 red beets - boiled and peeled
- 1 cucumber - rinsed and cut into small cubes (keep the skin, it's organic!)
- 1 pack of feta cheese (or about 14 oz) - shredded
- about 6 stem of fresh mint leaves - take the leaves only and cut them in small pieces
- 2 table spoons of your favorite olive oil
- pepper to taste
- Cut the boiled beets and cucumber separately in small cubes
- shred the feta
- in a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and serve immediately.