Serves: 6 persons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 shishito peppers, thinly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium size orange kuri pumpkin, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 3-4 table spoons of soysauce
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a fry-pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped shishito peppers and 2 pinches of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring consistently. Put aside.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions. Cook for a few minutes, stirring, or until soft and golden.
3. Add pumpkin and the soy sauce and stir to coat. Add 6 cups of water and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Simmer, for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
4. Add the garlic cloves, stir in the heavy cream and transfer to mixing bowl or blender. Blend until smooth or as desired. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with the cooked shishito peppers. Enjoy!
Tip: making a soup and keeping it one day in the fridge before serving enhance all the flavors.