Here is a recipe that will give you a good portion of nutritious greens with a pinch of Asian flavors!
This side dish pairs perfectly with a piece of grilled salmon, or just with your favorite plant-based dish!
The crisp of the bok choy gives a nice consistence to the cooked spinach and the spinach brings its pleasant and delicate leafy flavor.
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
- 1 bunch of bok choy (between 1/2 and 1 lb), cleaned and chopped.
- 1 bunch of spinach (about 1/2 lb), cleaned and chopped.
- ginger: use a half tea spoon of powder or rasp thinly a fresh ginger root of about the size of a small chestnut.
- garlic: 3 crushed medium cloves.
- 2 table spoons of olive oil.
- 2 table spoon of soy sauce.
- pepper to taste.
- In a large frying-pan, pour the olive oil, then the bok choy and ginger. Bake for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the spinach, garlic, soy sauce and pepper to the pan, cover with a lid and bake 4 more minutes. Bake one more minute without the lid and stir regularly.