CAN I SKIP OR PUT A HOLD ON MY DELIVERIES?
Yes! Here's how:
- CLICK HERE to sign in to your Member Store. From the front page of your store click on "Place deliveries on hold for a week".
- Choose the date that you would like to skip and click "Hold delivery".
- Your deliveries will resume on the next delivery day, after your hold ends.
- You can also choose to suspend your deliveries by clicking "Suspend" underneath the calendar.
- Enter the date range that you would like to suspend deliveries and confirm by clicking "Suspend" underneath.
CAN I OPT OUT OF GETTING SPECIFIC PRODUCE?
You can request to not receive a specific type of produce and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Go to your account and click on 'edit info'.
- Place a note in 'Subscriber note'. For example: "no beets".
- Another option is to upgrade to our Customizable Harvest Box!
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
You can cancel your membership at any time after your first 4 deliveries. We do not refund delivery credits so if you have deliveries remaining on your membership be sure to cancel after your final delivery; before your subscription renews the following Monday.
- If you return your reusable produce bags in good condition, we will credit you $15.
- Please contact us to arrange your return of bags: email@example.com
WHY DO WE USE INSULATED BAGS INSTEAD OF WAXED BOXES?
Our goal is to be the most sustainable CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) in Santa Barbara and so we have opted to use sturdy insulated bags that are manufactured using 80% post-consumer recycled materials in lieu of cardboard boxes. This insulation also helps to keep your produce fresh and we are able to clean and reuse the bags over and over again! We believe that every little bit counts, especially when simple steps such as this can help to cut down on plastic and other garbage from ending up in oceans, lakes, landfills, etc...
To keep our bag policy sustainable, please be sure to leave your bag on your doorstep or return them to your pick-up location before 1 pm on your delivery day.
WHAT IF I FORGET TO LEAVE OUT MY INSULATED PRODUCE BAG?
Don't sweat it! Please just leave your bag/s out for us to pick up the following week.
WHY DO YOU USE BROWN PAPER BAGS INSTEAD OF COTTON BAGS FOR FOOD STORAGE?
Food contamination rules, water waste, and time management are a few of the reasons why we opted for compostable paper bags.
If you don’t have any compost at home, we encourage you to return your used paper bags along with your empty produce bag. We will compost them at one of our favorite local non-profits, The Terrace Foundation!
WHY DO WE PREFER GROUPED POINTS OF DELIVERY?
Choosing a grouped point of delivery means that we drive shorter distances and thereby lower our carbon footprint. We also save time by stopping less often and are able to donate $2 per bag to a special cause selected by the point-of-delivery location.
HOW CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY CUSTOMIZABLE FARM BOX?
Here are step-by-step instructions:
1. The Friday or Saturday before your next delivery, you will receive an email saying that your bag is ready for customization. From that point, please log into your account to see the bag contents for the upcoming week. (You can only see the bag contents for the week ahead.) You are able to customize the bag between Friday and Sunday at midnight before your next delivery.
The Friday emails also contain important information for our members and new products for the week. If you are not receiving these emails, please check your spam folder and adjust your spam settings accordingly.
2. Log in to your account. Click on “See What’s In My Box/View Calendar” (if you have one subscription) or “Box Schedule and Contents” (if you have multiple subscriptions).
3. Your upcoming bag should appear on the screen.
4. Choose the date of your next delivery (next week): The bag contents should appear on the screen. This is what the bag will be if you choose not to make any changes. If you do wish to make changes, please click “Customize.”
5. Customizing your delivery contents: Next, you will come to a page that will have the same items with up and down arrows that allow you to change the numbers. There are also items that start with 0. That means that you can add them or trade an item for them, otherwise, they will NOT be in the bag.
Be sure to click the "Save Changes" button once you are all set. You can also click “reset to defaults” to reset the bag to the original contents.
FYI: Mother Nature can be fickle and nothing is certain in farming. In the case that a predicted item is unavailable on your delivery day, we reserve the right to switch it out for an alternative item. The“add-on” items from the store are guaranteed items and will either be offered to be delivered in your following week's Harvest Box or credited to your account if we are unable to provide it. Thank you for your understanding.
6. Confirm the bag value: Please note the value of the customizable bag is $30. When you add or subtract items, you may go over that value. If you go over, you will be charged the amount over. If you are under the bag value amount, the remainder will be lost, so make sure to purchase a minimum of $30 worth of produce.
7. Add-ons: After you save your changes to your box feel free to shop for add-ons! We have lots of great items that can make a wonderful addition to your box. Just click the “Shop for Add-Ons” button at the bottom of the screen and it will take you to our storefront. Please make sure to SAVE CHANGES before clicking on the “Shop for Add-Ons” button or your customized order will not be saved.
*Unfortunately, you cannot directly substitute add-on produce items from the store for items in the bag and have the prices canceled out. The software does not work in that way. Thanks for your understanding.
Reach out if you have any additional questions: firstname.lastname@example.org